Azure Infrastructure Engineer
Global Telecommunication Services Provider
Remote - UK
£50k - £65k Base + £5,800 Car Allowance + 10% Bonus + Company Benefits
Edge Tech is working with one of the largest telecommunications service providers who are growing their Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Centre of Excellence (CoE). Their RPA practice has achieved some amazing things having already delivered one of the largest digital workforce footprints in the UK. Our client already utilises some of the leading industry toolsets in the automation landscape and are looking to introduce more high calibre tools into their ecosystem.
Their established CoE executes the automation of their customer-facing and back-office processes which means that these business processes must be executed on time with the aid of Automation toolsets, with accuracy and in some cases, in real time to support end-to-end digital customer journeys.
As the lead Azure Infrastructure Engineer you will be accountable for ensuring that the IT infrastructure is ready and standardised across all environments for the Automation CoE projects. You will be accountable for co-ordinating the implementation of Infrastructure changes and provide updated asset information regarding all Automation implementations.
You’ll also be responsible for maintaining the appropriate Automation footprint and Automation toolset versions is critical to this role as well as co-ordinating the necessary activities with key third party delivery teams.
Skills & Experience Required
- Strong technical Infrastructure background across both Azure cloud and on-premise datacentres
- Strong hands-on technical knowledge of multiple Infrastructure vendor tools, including but not limited to:
- MS Azure
- MS Windows Server (2008 + 2016)
- SQL DB
- API implementation
- GitHub code repository
- RPA tools
- SCOM + Netcool
- Awareness and experience with Agile techniques and Continuous Integration toolsets
- Good working and practical knowledge and experience of RPA tools (primarily Blue Prism)