Computer Vision / Edge Computing Consultant (Medical Imaging)
Medical Technology Business
Contract - 8-10 week duration
Remote (Need to be based in the US)
Competitive day rate
Edge Tech is working exclusively on behalf of a well-funded medical technology and services platform business looking to complete a critical project. Their mission is to make critical health care environments such as surgery, radiology and obstetrics safer and smarter. The company’s proprietary solutions leverage AI, analytics and IoT technologies to automate clinical and operational decisions for medical and surgical teams.
Our client has developed an AI based solution which provides ML & AI algorithms for real time deployment. They have been creating computer vision and edge computing technologies to create live images using AI combined with the use of their medical devices (mainly in hospital operating theatres).
As such, for this short-term contract they require an Edge Computing / Computer Vision expert to help them with the following:
- Architectural design and implementation of an edge computing / computer vision environment and technology stack (hardware + software) that is necessary to deploy and run CX video-based ML algorithms for real-time clinical applications.
- Integration of proposed edge compute technology with target Operating Room (OR) systems including third-party video imaging devices (endoscopes) as input, and with in-room display as an output.
- Prepare/downscale video/images as required by ML algorithm
- Implement OSD (On-screen Display) of clinical alert visual over original endoscopes video
- Human-machine interface implementation and design in cooperation with clinical and usability experts
- Close cooperation and communication with software engineering specialists from R&D team
- Hands on experience with NVidia Jetson and Real time video processing
- Experience designing, implementing edge compute environment that runs computer vision AI/ML algorithm
- Experience with programming and Python, Java, C++ or C#
- Experience with or familiarity with surgical room systems
- A degree in Computer Science, Physics or Engineering