Senior Business Analyst
UK Intelligent Automation Consultancy
£65,000 - £75,000 basic
We are currently working with a rapidly growing UK Intelligent Automation Consultancy who are delivering quality, best possible outcomes for businesses across multiple sectors. With strong partnerships with leading vendors (UiPath, Microsoft and Celonis) they are enabling businesses to realise their digital agendas.
Their Financial Services/Capital Markets practice is seeing significant growth, this growth has led to the need to hire experienced change professionals, who are passionate about emerging technology.
The business is looking to add a Senior Business Analyst to the team, you will be working with their client’s tech teams, subject matter experts, solution architects and data modelling teams. Core engagements are currently focussed on financial services (capital markets), so experience in this area is vital.
The role requires strong technical and business analysis skills and is responsible for understanding the business and system requirements for automating business processes, assessing the impact of changes, analysing and documenting the requirements, and communicating and delivering those requirements as part of the implementation team.
- Identify project stakeholders and interests, opportunities and challenges, business services and processes impacted
- Plan and lead workshops using different elicitation techniques to understand and analyse business processes
- Capture, document and validate functional requirements, ensuring requirements are SMART
- Describe and model the As-Is and identify process improvements
- Identify problems and key functionality such as tasks and services and describe users
- Identify key performance indicators and manage monitoring requirements.
- Define Business Concepts, objects and rules, as well as any required data models
- Define non-functional service level requirements, (volumes, scalability, availability, security) and plan the Service implementation alongside the IA Operation and Control Admins
- Excellent and effective communicator (verbal and written)
- Experience in business and system analysis
- Experience using different requirements elicitation techniques to get the best results, e.g., interviews, workshops, observation exercises
- Knowledge of Business Data models, objects and services, and mapping data between services
- Experience documenting functional and non-functional requirements, working with business stakeholders to agree acceptance criteria
- Familiarity with waterfall and agile software development and implementation lifecycle
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment within the capital markets sector
- Strong project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- 4-6 years of experience working on similar position in a corporate organization
- Undergraduate qualification in STEM related subject is preferred