Senior Full Stack Engineer
AI Green Tech Business
£85k + Bonus + Equity
UK – Flexible Working
Edge Tech have been retained by a rapidly growing US-based emerging tech start-up who have their eyes set on growing their European and UK customer base. Their unique focus enables their customers to leverage AI and intelligent monitoring to unlock real time, detailed in-home insights into their energy usage across multiple devices.
Understanding how energy usage works across the home enables and empowers individuals to find savings and make changes to help the environment. They are on a mission to make all homes intelligent, and in turn more efficient, safer, and reliable. Using the power of artificial intelligence, they can dramatically reduce a home's carbon emissions.
Their strategy is to engage directly with partners in the energy, insurance, and home service industries and deliver their technology into millions of their customers' homes. The business is now looking for extraordinary people to help them deliver on their exciting growth plans.
As a full stack engineer, you'll use your expertise to help them internationalise the end-to-end product as well as to help bring new features required for the international market, working closely with specialists at each layer of the stack from the core team in the US:
- BACK END: extend the capabilities of their AWS cloud platform and be a key contributor to maintaining and scaling a high-quality production service
- FRONT END:
- Extend and maintain their suite of web apps
- Extend and maintain their existing iOS and Android native mobile apps
Skills & Experience
- iOS development (Swift/Objective-C)
- Android development (Java/Kotlin)
- Dev-ops experience maintaining a production environment
- Experience working with REST apis
- Background in Java, Linux, AWS, Cassandra is a plus
- Solid understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment}, cross-browser testing and debugging
- As a full-stack contributor, great communication skills are essential
- They will look for evidence of successful collaboration across small to medium distributed software teams.
- Experience in the technical leadership of an engineering team is a bonus
- Prior experience with GraphQL is a plus
*N.B you must be eligible to work in the UK without the need for sponsorship