Senior Data Architect
Leading Automotive Finance Business
£68,000 - £78000 basic + 10% bonus + company car
Hybrid working (once per week in the office in Milton Keynes, UK)
Edge Tech is working exclusively with one of the worlds largest automotive finance providers who are growing their Architecture, technology and Enterprise Data team here in the UK.
Our client is passionate about data and are proud to build, implement and support innovative IT solutions for both internal and external customers across the globe. With significant investment into their data platforms and the chance to work with some fascinating data points, this is an opportunity for you to be a part of an exciting journey in supporting our client’s vision of becoming one of the most data-driven financial services businesses in the world.
As the Senior Data Architect, you will define, evolve and maintain the Enterprise Data Architecture as well as support the Enterprise Data Management capability across the business. You will also investigate and analyse new technology options and make investment recommendations to the IT Senior Leadership Team.
You will also lead the Information & Data Architecture for Master Data Management (MDM), Customer & Vehicle 360 master, Data Technology Strategy, Data Platforms and the information and data models for business technology. You will have one direct report initially and will be responsible for managing that Solution Architect’s workload and mentoring and coaching this individual where necessary.
Required Skills & Experience
- Solid background in information and data architecture with experience as a leader in the Data Architecture domain
- Strong experience in data modelling and database design
- 7+ years experience in architecting and designing data platforms, data patterns, data integrations and event driven architectures
- Experience of cloud platforms such as AWS and/or Microsoft Azure
- Experience in the use of EA tools such as LeanIX, Alfabet, Sparx Enterprise Architect and Data Modelling tools (Erwin, ER Studio, PowerDesigner)
- Ability to assess third party products and technologies, along with being able to evaluate whether to take a build or buy approach